Cloud computing is one such technology that has revolutionized the processing and management of data. Now organizations with big data, that are generating pools of data are using cloud services for accessing and store all the information. Many top organizations are using cloud services today and saving the cost of data management.
There are countries healthcare services are not easily accessible and people often remain undiagnosed and without any treatment. With the advancement of technology, it is possible to render services to the people in need.
Telemedicine services are the health care services rendered to the people who are living in distant and remote areas without having access to the medical facilities. It is done using telecommunications and information technology services. Patients with the help of mobile phones and computer systems can avail consultation from the clinicians. The only thing required by patients is the internet connection, which is a must.
It enables patients to get a consultation from the clinicians with the help of video conferencing and image sharing. Cloud-based telemedicine software enables health providers to store all the patient data to store and manage without spending a fortune. Telemedicine services are reducing the distance between clinicians and patients with remote monitoring and consultation. This service is used in case of emergency situations that need immediate attention.
The telemedicine can be categorized in the following services.
- Live video: It provides a secure medium for two way interaction between patients and clinicians. Doctors are able to provide consultation, diagnosis, and treatment to the patients located at far-fetched locations.
- Store and forward services: These are the services where patients records, vitals, and reports such as X-rays, Photos and pre-recorded videos are shared with the clinicians by establishing a secure network for communication with the clinicians. Here, the presence of both patients and clinicians at the same time is not necessary. These systems can use cloud services for data for better services and scalability.
- Remote patient monitoring: Here telemedicine services are used to collect medical data of patients and transmit to the healthcare provider in a separate location. This data is used by the clinicians for patients’ primary care and to check on them. The data received by the healthcare providers can be stored on the cloud system for analyzing the patients’ health in the future and have access to the patient’s history.
- Mobile Health: a recent study has shown that by the year 2018, nearly 60% of the medical facilities will be obtained via Smartphone. People living in developed countries are using smart phones to access medical facilities and services from clinicians.
Cloud storage is the services for virtual storage of data on remote servers. The data is allocated to the data centers with the help of internet. The data center is established in other far away locations and companies are able to store, access and manage data on the server from any locations. Companies providing cloud storage are called hosts. There are many cloud service provider like Amazon, Microsoft, IBM. There are multiple benefits of cloud services such as improved security, all-time access to data and one of the primary benefit are that there is no need to arrange and spend cost on physical storage devices for organizations data. The host companies facilities for cloud storage according to the need of the company. The cloud services provider of pay as you go option, where companies have to pay as per the usage. No extra cost is charged for services.
Benefits of cloud computing
- 24 hours access: The users have access to data anywhere in the world and at any time. These services are very beneficial for the employees It will provide independence to work from the location. Employees are able to maintain a professional and personal life balance.
- Affordable services: It is very affordable to avail cloud storage services than spending cost for arranging hard drives and infrastructure for the storage of data on a local server.
- Pay as you go option: Cloud companies provide the pay as you go services. In this service, the company will only have to pay as per the usage. No extra charges are levied upon the companies.
- Recovery of data: There are events possible when the company can lose its data. In such events, the company can recover data able to recover data from the servers of host cloud companies.
Cloud Computing Services for Healthcare
- Health management: Cloud services can be used to analyze data of healthcare systems and use this analysis to provide diagnosis and mapping of illness. The data is used to draw analysis to keep things in mind in the specific diagnosis.
- Identification of illness: these services can be used for development of new SAAS products and services to focus on the expertise required. It helps in reducing the cost of operations for healthcare systems.
- Patient Connectivity: Cloud Services provide the facility for ensuring patient connectivity to healthcare providers.
- Data Distribution Services: These services enable the exchange of health-related data between organizations, such as electronic health records, patient images etc.
SISGAIN Content Team is consisting of online media enthusiasts and bloggers who closely follow the latest Career Guidance, Apps Development trends and online marketing trends in all over word. We write about various related topics such as Career Topics, Job search and much more.