Do you want to enter in CA Course and looking for CA Foundation registration online process? Then you have landed on the right blog because in this blog we will tell you complete details about ICAI CA Foundation registration like registration procedure, eligibility criteria, required documents, registration fees, registration date, and registration letter.
CA Foundation is the first level in the CA course and after appearing for 12th class exams, you can apply for the registration.
CA Foundation was earlier known as CPT. ICAI revised the old scheme (September 2017) and now students can only apply for ICAI Foundation course registration.
Earlier students can register for CPT after clearing 10th class exams but now they can only register themselves for CA Foundation course.
Students can register for CA Foundation before 30th June 2019 (tentatively) for November 2019 attempt.
CA Foundation Registration 2019
ICAI conducts CA foundation exams twice in a year in the month of May and Nov. You can register yourself for any attempt (if you are eligible).
Before knowing the registration process, it is important to know whether you are eligible for registration or not. Eligibility for CA Foundation course is mentioned below.
CA Foundation Eligibility Criteria
All stream (Commerce, Arts, and Science) can apply for registration through ICAI website. Eligibility for is the same for Commerce, Arts and Science stream students.
Students (all stream) who have cleared or appeared for 12th class exams can apply for registration.
CA Foundation Registration Last Date for 2019
The last date for Foundation registration is mentioned below in the table
|Attempt||CA Foundation 2019 Registration Last Date|
|Last date for May 2019 attempt||31st Dec 2018|
|Last date for Nov 2019 attempt||30th June 2019|
CA Foundation Registration Process 2019
You can register yourself by filling CA Foundation Registration Form. The registration process for CA Foundation is mentioned below
- Go to ICAI website
- Now you can see a students tab (click on it)
- Click on the course registration form
- Now click on the Foundation registration form link
- Click on new user
- Fill required fields like your name, your mobile number, email id, password, etc
- After this, you will get an OTP (for details verification)
- Enter OTP
- Now your account is created
- After this, login again and fill other details like your address, your mother’s name your father’s name, etc
- Make a payment of registration fees (using debit card/ credit card/ net banking)
- After this system will generate a Pdf file.
- Take a print of this pdf
- Attach required documents with it
After this students have to submit this PDF to the regional office within 7 days.
Documents Required for Registration
- Attested copy of nationality proof (if the student is a foreigner)
- One latest photograph (colored)
- Attested copy of 12th class marksheet or admit card (issued by the respective board)
- Attest copy of special category certificate (i.e. OBC/ST)
- Attested copy of 10th class admit card or mark sheet (which includes your DOB (date of birth and name)
After completion of registration, You will get the study material on your registered address
CA Foundation Registration Fees
Total course is Rs 11300, where you have to pay Rs 9800 at the time of registration.
Journal membership fee is optional for students.
CA Foundation Course Registration Validity
The validity of CA foundation course registration is 3 years and it means you will get 6 attempts.
After three years you can revalidate your registration by paying revalidation fees.
CA Foundation Exam Registration Letter
After registration, ICAI issues registration letter. It’s advisable for students to carry their registration letter to the examination center. In the absence of admit card you can enter in examination center by your registration letter (after some legal proceeding).
It takes up to a month to reach the registration letter to your registered address.
If you do not get registration within a month of registration, then you should inquire with the regional office.
You can also download the registration online through ICAI website by following this process
- Visit ICAI website > E-services (on the top of the right side)
- Now you can see ICAI Reprint letter under ‘Members & Students’
- Click on it
- Now select the type of letter (i.e CA Foundation)
- After this, you need to select the candidate type. Select student.
- Now enter your registration number and DOB
- After this, you can get a print of registration letter
How to Check Registration Status
You can check the CA Foundation registration status online by these two methods
- If you have got the registration confirmation mail, it means your registration is successfully done
- If you are able to access your registration letter online, it means your registration is successfully done
As we told you all the details regarding the ICAI CA Foundation course registration for 2019 like registration procedure, fees, registration letter, last date, eligibility and required documents for registration.
Register your self and start your preparation for CA Foundation. Best of luck for your future.
Hope you like this article.
Have any query? Feel free to comment