If you have been looking for organizational tools you know that daily planners are a dime a dozen – you will find them in all sorts of formats, designs and sizes. Given so many options how can you know that you are choosing the best daily planner, one that will help you become more organized and productive? If you want to choose a daily planner that will work for you here is what you should keep in mind:
- There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to daily planners. Different planners work for different people. You should think about what you are trying to achieve with your planner and what your personality type is. If, for example, you are a busy business manager with lots of meetings you need something that is formal, but if you are a student who wants to be organized during the school term you can choose a fun planner.
- How much do you need to break down your tasks? Some people need to accomplish tasks that are highly structured – they need to be broken down into many different steps before the goal can be achieved. If you face this kind of tasks often it is important to invest in a planner that allows you to go into as much detail as possible.
- How big do you want your planner to be? Planners come in different sizes and it is up to you to choose a size that you are comfortable carrying around and that can accommodate all your notes and lists.
- Think about the layout – what kind of planner do you think would work most effectively for the kind of lifestyle that you lead and the work that you do? There are some planners that are very detailed – every page is a day that is divided into hours, while others show you only weeks. If you would rather see the outlook for your life on a week by week basis this kind of planner is the best for you.
- Additional tools are important in a planner – the best daily planners will include a calendar, a calculator, a world map and even a clock and a calculator.
- Aesthetics – you want a planner that you will be happy to carry around and one that will announce to everyone that you are a professional. You may want to invest in one that has a leather cover so that every year all you have to do is buy new pages for it.
- Price matters when it comes to planners – looking around you will find that there are paper planners that cost as much as $100 and others as little as $20. The more expensive ones don’t necessarily have anything better to offer than the cheaper ones. Look at the specific features of the planner when thinking about how much you are willing to spend. Keep in mind that a daily planner is an annual expense.
Lastly, look at testimonials and reviews about daily planners before you buy – if people are raving about a planner it must have some good features.