Meniere’s Disease is as a type of diseases which causes Dizziness, continuous ringing in ears and it attacks the inner ear canal. The Hearing Loss in Meniere’s diseases comes and goes according to the air pressure in the ears.
Generally, only one ear is affected in this hearing disorder and if not treated it can sustain as a lifelong hearing disorder. It does not occur at sudden age and with the help of proper treatment, the hearing loss can be reversible.
Understanding Meniere’s Diseases
Meniere’s Disease is termed as idiopathic endolymphatic hydrops which hits inside the ear canal and increases dizziness. The fluids gathered inside the inner canal of affected ear damages the hearing cells of our ear which may cause Hearing Loss.
The person with Meniere’s Diseases feels the symptoms of diseases in the form of episodes or attack in which he/she may feel continuous spinning and sometimes no episodes are experienced in between diseases.
Symptoms of Meniere’s Diseases
The symptoms of Meniere’s Diseases changes from time to time as developing over time. At the early stages, it starts with hearing difficulty and toward its last stage episodes, like dizziness takes place. The stages can be categorized as:
- Forthcoming Attacks
- Early Stage
- Middle Stage
- Episodes or Late Stage
Forthcoming Attacks has the Following Symptoms:
- A light Headache
- Hearing Loss in the affected ear
- Continuous Buzzing In affected Ear(Tinnitus)
- Symptoms of Early Stage in Meniere’s Diseases:
- Fluctuating Hearing Disorder
- Increased ear pressure
- Sudden Dizziness( Vertigo)
Symptoms of Middle Stage in Meniere’s Diseases:
- Cold sweat and Palpitation
- Blurry vision
Episodes contain the following Symptoms:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness/ Instability
- Buzzing in Ear( Tinnitus)
- A sudden drop in sound or Hearing Loss.
Meniere’s Diseases has lots of symptoms and these early attacks take place of serve disorder so it has to be treated as soon as possible. A sudden drop of hear and dizziness can take the place of dangerous for some patients. The intake of sugar and salt should be prohibited it may result in fewer fluids buildup in ears.
Meniere’s Diseases and its similar conditions.
- Vertigo: The spinning of our surrounding and our inability to stand results in vertigo.
Vertigo and headache are not likely harmful to the person but vertigo taking place as a symptom of Meniere’s Diseases may give a sudden feeling of vertigo and it can 20 times at a time for a short duration so they are more intense and harmful.
- Vestibular Neuronitis
It occurs in the inner portion of ear call Vestibular. The Symptoms of Vestibular neuronitis are spinning, vomiting, headache, dis concentration and serve Nausea. These are caused by mumps, influenza, rubella, measles, etc.
- A migraine:
A migraine occurs with the severe pain in the Head and may feel dizziness. However, with migraine ringing in the ear and hearing loss is not experienced.
- Bilateral Vestibulopathy:
In bilateral vestibulopathy, the vision and balance are influenced. At the most sudden period of time, the balance of person is unstable and the visibility becomes blurry. This disorder happens when both the ears are already damaged.
- Perilymphatic Fistula
It is the most abnormal opening in the ear canal of the ear from where fluids come out. It happens as the thin layer between middle and inner ears get rupture.
Treatment for Meniere’s Diseases
Till now no separate treatment forms are introduced which could treat Meniere’s Diseases but there are numbers of treatment which are used to decrease the number of episodes and likewise, some of the treatments are:
- Medication: they are used to reduce nausea and vertigo attacks during the episodes. It is believed that sodium free diet decreases the fluids buildups in the ear canals in Meniere’s Disease.
- Caffeine: The intake of Caffeine increases the chances of Tinnitus so that intake of caffeine should be reduced.
- Vestibular rehabilitation therapy (VRT): These therapies are used to decrease the occurrence of imbalance during the attacks.
- Surgery: surgery can also be performed to reduce the air pressure in the inner ear. After these surgeries, the affected ear wouldn’t be able to pass any information to the brain.